MakuluLinux Core is built on our new Debian hybrid 2021 Base and Designed on a heavily modified Gnome Framework. Core has always been a Unique Fun Styled Operating system that sports a “Tri Menu, Dual Dock/Panel” based Interface that has a similar resemblance to an almost “Mac” like feel. It sports a beautiful Desktop filled with plenty beautiful Wallpapers, Theme and Cursors options. We have included a Intro Video that we HIGHLY recommend you watch as it will show you around and familiarize you with the Desktop.
The bottom dock houses 2 menus ( one on each side of the dock ) and favorite icons, the top panel houses system icons and user extensions. The top panel also houses a traditional drop down menu in the top left corner. The bottom Dock menus are as follows : The left bottom menu is the much loved and wildly mused Pie menu that made Core so famous, while the bottom right menu is a overlay full screen menu.
With the move from XFCE framework to a Gnome Framework it has brought many new features to the Core operating system, while the default front End Gnome interface is loved by some and hated by others and quite often criticized for its heavy resource hogging, the backend of gnome is extremely powerful and feature rich, it is this backend that Core is built on. We have spent much time tweaking the OS to be speedy, feel zippy and not be so resource intensive. Using the backend of Gnome Framework also brings out of the box features like screen / file share, access to online accounts like Facebook, Google and Microsoft directly. We have also implemented Touch friendly features, Makulu core now fully supports Touch screen devices like Tablets with Full screen Gesture support out of the Box. Of Course with Building Core onto the new Gnome Hybrid base also means it has full extension support, You can now add extensions to Core straight from the Gnome extension website, where you will find thousands of extensions available and ready to use. We have included a variety of extensions that are preinstalled to help with day to day tasks like working with workspaces, plugin in external flash drives, Weather, and Numlock/Capslock options.
Desktop Right Click Menu – Core now also sports some nice GUI’s to manage wallpapers, the Desktop Clock and Layout options. With one click you can change the preferred layout of your desktop and move the panel / dock and menus top, bottom, left or right and the system will automatically adjust and scale everything accordingly, the whole process is automated. You can find these cool options in the desktop right click menu ( right click on the desktop to bring up the menu ).
Core also sports some special effects like Wobbly windows, Magic lamp and Window transparency, these effects can be turned on/off anytime via the Theme manager on the desktop ( again, you can access the theme manager from the right click menu on the desktop ).
Core comes with minimal Software pre installed, leaving software selection choices mostly for the user to setup for themselves, The software center included supports Snaps and Flathub so users will have PLENTY software to choose from. We have however included quite a bit of backend software and a huge selection of drivers to support many devices out of the box.
Stand out features of the new Core 2021:
- Introduction video that guides the user around the desktop to give an easy and comfortable user experience. ( RECOMMEND you watch this ).
- More streamlined Theming, The themes have been designed with great fineness to give a much more beautifully designed look, while making the Desktop Environment feel comfortable for users.
- Dual Dock / Panel that supports drag, drop and extension features.
- Tri Menu system that offers a Pie Menu, Full screen overlay menu as well as a traditional drop down menu.
- An all new Desktop Clock with some nice features that is easily controlled by a custom GUI we designed to make for a pleasant experience.
- Makulu Portal quickly and easily guides users to seek assistance or connect to staff or other end users without much effort.
- Wine pre-installed and configured, simply double click a windows executable file and run it out of the box, or use playonlinux to install and run in its own bottle.
- Built on the Gnome framework, Core offers many nice features out of the box.
- Warpinator for computer sharing is supported out of the box, it’s never been easier to connect to another computer.
- An introduction Manager that runs on first boot will quickly assist you to set up your desktop with ease.
- FlatHub and Snaps supported out of the box.
- Nice and easy to access Desktop right click menu that offers instant access to many useful parts of the OS.
- Base : Makulu 2021 Series Hybrid Debian Base.
- Desktop Environment : Core built on a heavily modified Gnome Framework
- Kernel : 5.10.xx.
- Architecture : 64Bit.
- Current Build Date : 2021-06-29.
- Menu Selection : Tri Menu
- Dock : Dual dock/Panel Based.
- Extension support – Yes
- Gestures : Mouse Driven Gesture System with Touch screen Support.
- 3D Support : Built in Compiz type effects.
- Themes : 23 Beautiful Theme Variations with Icon sets and Mouse Cursors to Match.
- Driver Support : Huge Driver support out of the box.
- Ram Requirements : Recommended 1GB or more.
- Space Requirements : Recommended 15Gb storage
- Easter Eggs : Right click Desktop Menu, Packed full of goodies, simply right click anywhere.
Known Issues :
Gestures Are Not supported in VirtualBox (As Virtualbox does not provide a required input driver to support it), however they do work in Vmware.
As I am sure you guys are aware, we are based in Vietnam which has been BADLY affected by the Corona-virus by shutdowns, Internet problems, not to mention months long lock down with $0 Salary in between, Everything is pretty much closed. So you can imagine the chaos this has created here. We have planned many builds for release this year and we hope that none of them get delayed by the after effects of this epidemic, we are working hard to stay on target. We also pray for everyone infected, that they make a full recovery and that they find a treatment for this Virus soon, It is terrible what the whole world is currently going through. However, the project has also been affected by this epidemic, Finances have not been great the last year for the project. We ask that if you can donate, please do so, we would really appreciate it. You have no idea how badly it is needed and every cent helps, a few $$ can go a long way…
Please Take a Minute to Donate to the Project via paypal before you Download ( links open in new page )
Or You can also become a Patreon below :
We really hope you Enjoy using Makulu Core.
While Downloading you may want to watch this “Introduction Video” that briefly shows you around the Core Desktop
Download Links :
MD5 : c1ab1d2bc1c0c73d2303658141cb0fd1
SHA1 : dc2c6eae9d2a35f3329910b20b444fba61361770
Sourceforge Mirror :
Google Mirror :
OneDrive Mirror :
Mega Mirror :