Home forums LinDoz Bug Reports Workspaces overview Win7

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gaytan 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author

Gaytan

Hi,

I think that when in Windows 7 overview of workspaces, in the middle of the screen, there’s a ghost imagery present on top of my background. When I choose Win8 or anything else, the workspaces overview is ok. Reverting back to the Win7 theme, again the ghost imagery is over the background… Can this be a bug?

Gaytan

…..no answer …. at all?? …… Having Makulu LindDoz on my Medion laptop, working fantastic….. I am somewhat dissappointed…..

rindi

It’s not clear what you mean. What exactly do you mean with Windows 7? There are several Windows 7 Themes in Desktop, Mouse Pointer, Controls, icons and Windows Borders. Also, what do you mean with Workspaces? And maybe post an image of the Ghosting you see.

Gaytan

I’ve added pictures now:

1. You can see I chose the ‘Windows 7 Glass-Blue theme
    2. The workspaces overview show an ‘imagery ghost’ in the middle; grey-ish rectangular square…. Does NOT show up with the other themes!
    3. Changed background to see if the ‘ghost image’ would be clearer to you…

Do you see what I mean now?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Gaytan

…my 1st pic was too big… here again…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Gaytan

you can clearly spot the ‘grey image ghost’ horizontally behind the workspaces and just on top of the background…. 😉

I haven’t checked all the themes you included, but this one caught my eye!

rindi

Even with the pictures I can’t make out what you mean. Maybe you can highlight the sections with a marker. Or maybe if you are using an Intel or AMD video processor, you could look at the following wiki article:

Display acting funny, tearing, cursor erratic, etc

Although I haven’t had problems on LinDoz with such hardware, it might still help.

Gaytan

Hey….

It only shows with 1 of your themes!!

Look at the picture; it shows clearly!! The other themes show fine!

You can even reproduce it yourself!

Gaytan

I did create your 11-Intel-etc.conf, rebooted; the Win7 Blue Glass theme still shows the artifact!

You don’ t tell me you did NOT test this for me??? It’s the theme acting up; my Medion with i7 is working smoothly with your Makulu version! I even managed to repair the ‘not working Makulu plymouth’ !!!!

Gaytan

Although I LOVE your distribution, I hate the way you give support…

I upgraded the base this afternoon to Linux Mint 18.3. The only thing which collapsed  on that was your nice Vista menu!

Pity… am using a Mint menu now, which is need to but yours was nicer!

For the rest is seems to work fine!

….and the Win7 Blue Glass theme STILL shows the artifact…..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.